Vasectomy Greenacre Clinic
We provide safe and professional Vasectomy in the area of Greenacre Sydney.
At our Greenacre Vasectomy Clinic, we now offer both scalpel and non-scalpel vasectomy performed by our highly experienced doctors.
Vasectomy is a form of permanent birth control for men. In this procedure the Vas deferens from each testicle is divided and sealed in order to prevent the sperm from reaching the semen. Most men will not notice any change in the volume of their ejaculate after this procedure. This procedure has almost a 99% success rate and is considered more beneficial and cost effective when compared with other permanent birth control options such as tubal ligation for women.
- Reliable birth control: – If the couple have decided that they no longer want children, this is the surest and safest option for birth control.
- No need for General anaesthesia: This procedure is done with a simple local anaesthetic; therefore it’s a quick procedure with quick recovery time.
- Low health risks: As it is a less invasive surgery, it means the risks of bleeding and infection is also significantly decreased.
- Lower cost than all other forms of permanent birth control:
The whole procedure costs around $700. You will also get a medicare rebate.
- It’s a One-time Cost: – As vasectomy is a permanent choice of birth control, so it is only a one time cost, unlike pills and other forms of birth control where the cost is an ongoing one.
- Procedure is done at the Medical Centre rather than In an operating room: This signifies the simplicity of the procedure as well as helps the patient feel more comfortable.
Is the vasectomy permanent?
Yes, the vasectomy is form of permanent birth control. If you think you might want to have children in the future this procedure is not for you.
How long does the procedure take?
It will take less than 30mins.
Will I be awake during the procedure?
Yes, you will not need general anaesthetic for this procedure?
Is it painful?
No, our doctors use a very effective local anaesthetic before the procedure begins.
Can I drive after the procedure?
Yes you can drive home.
When can I return to normal duties?
This will vary from person to person. You will need to stay away from heavy lifting for at least 2 weeks after the procedure. If your work is in the office and does not involve anything strenuous you can return to work the next day.
Sports like riding a bike and contact sports should be avoided for at least 3 weeks after the procedure.
Will I still be able to ejaculate?
Yes, most men will not notice any change in the volume of their ejaculate.
You can now book for Vasectomy with your next consultation with our doctors, who will provide you with full information and counselling before the procedure so you can make an informed decision.
For more information
call us now: 02 4736 6567
For more information about our practice please click on our ‘Practice Information’ document to the right of this page.
Or call us now: 02 4736 6567